Woven Fabric Labels
Custom woven clothing labels are a great finishing choice, especially for clothing lines and especially for completely customized Cut and Sew pieces. A woven fabric label created specifically for a piece of clothing or a brand helps show the quality and detail of the piece — as well as the dedication of the piece’s designers and manufacturers. Woven clothing labels simply give a professional quality to any custom-made apparel.
If you’re a clothing line, including a custom woven label will help to establish your brand with your customers. Even if you’re a marketing brand looking for simple t-shirts — including a custom woven fabric label can do the same for your brand. You can include extra information on your custom tag — like your brand’s web page or logo. If you’re creating a limited edition run of custom cut and sew pieces, you can even number your woven labels for each piece.
If you’ve dedicated the time, money, and effort into creating custom clothes — finish them the right way, with woven fabric labels.Order Woven Clothing Labels
Woven Fabric Label Process
Stylus Apparel manufactures custom fabric clothing labels using huge looms. Our factory uses broadlooms, needle looms, and even the double and single shuttle looms to make the best possible clothing labels. When they come off of the looms, the clothing labels are in a ribbon-like form. The labels are then cut and sealed so the threads do not fray.
Woven label orders typically take approximately 2.5 weeks to complete. If you need your order rushed, please let us know in advance.
Custom Woven Label Fabrics
The choice of fabric for your woven labels is extremely important, as it may affect the decision you make regarding your label’s cut.
- Satin is the most popular choice for woven labels, but not always the wisest. Satin is thin and can snag easily, making it more likely to be cut out than other labels. Though it looks very pretty originally, you need to keep the customer and how they use the item in mind when choosing your label.
- Taffeta is stiffer than satin and can stand up to a bit more snagging. However, with both satin and taffeta, the finished edges of the woven fabric label can be stiff. This leads to the prickly feeling labels are famous for.
- Semi-Damask is a mid line choice when it comes to custom fabric clothing labels. It has many of the qualities of damask at a lower price.
- Damask is a tighter weave fabric that remains very soft, even with finished edges. Damask is a top choice when quality is a top priority for the seamstress. Damask provides the best finish with a smoothness that reflects style and comfort.
Woven Label Styles
- Straight Cut Woven Label – Straight cut clothing labels do not have a fold. Straight woven labels are usually sewn on all 4 sides, the top, or on left and right side only.
- Mitre Fold Woven Label – The ends of a Mitre Fold label are folded under and up, creating a tab to be sewn into a seam.
- Die-Cut Woven Label – Completely customizable shapes. applied the same way as straight cut labels.
- End-Fold Woven Label – These clothing labels are folded down on the left and right side. They are applied the same way as straight cut labels, but have a softer edge.
- Center Fold Woven Label – A Center Fold label is folded in the middle and usually sewn into a seam. Centerfold labels can also be used for sleeve and hem labels.
- Manhattan Fold Woven Label – A Manhattan fold is like a centerfold label, except the top of the label is folded down, creating a flap to tuck the bottom fold into.
- Loop Fold Woven Label – Loop folds are similar to a center fold tag, but the bottom edge is the folded side.
Woven Fabric Label Pricing
|Colors||One Color||Two Colors||Three Colors|
|Width and Length||1000 pcs.||2500 pcs.||5000 pcs.||1000 pcs.||2500 pcs.||5000 pcs.||1000 pcs.||2500 pcs.||5000 pcs.|
|Up to 1” by 2”||250||375||500||275||400||500||300||400||500|
|Up to 2” by 3”||250||400||600||275||425||600||300||425||600|
|Up to 2.5” by 4”||300||450||650||325||475||650||350||475||650|
|Up to 4” by 4”||350||Ask us for a quote.|